…So far in this course, I have demonstrated different techniques you…can use to create data tables with one or two different inputs.…Optimize outcomes with solver and find target values using call seek.…In this movie, I will show how to organize a worksheet with multiple inputs so…you can change any one of them to explore the changes impact on your model.…I will use the model setup sample workbook, which you can…find in the chapter three folder of your exercise files archive.…Whenever you build a complex worksheet, you should always…make sure to delineate your inputs from your outputs.…
In this worksheet I'm looking at a computer purchasing scenario where the…company wants to purchase a mix of servers, desktops, notebooks, and tablets.…At given costs, and also with a given discount, financing…over a set number of years, and also the interest rate.…At the bottom of the…worksheet, I calculate the monthly payment.…The base price, that is the price without interest if…the company paid cash all at once, and the total cost.…
- Explain how to create a scenario in Excel.
- Identify the two input values that should be used to create a two variable data table.
- Recall what the Excel feature Goal Seek is used for.
- Recognize the three things that must be separated from one another to make reading a worksheet with multiple units easier.
- Describe the tools that Excel provides to manipulate data.
- Break down the steps required to recalculate a worksheet's formulas.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Defining Scenarios and Data Tables
2. Creating Goal Seek and Solver Models
3. Creating a Configurable Model
4. Performing Monte Carlo Simulation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.