Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Organizing the worksheet, part of Solving Optimization and Scheduling Problems in Excel.
- Creating a schedule for a sports league…requires a lot of record keeping.…In this movie, we will create the outline of a spreadsheet,…that we can use to find an optimal schedule using Solver.…The sample file I'll work with,…is called SportsScheduling_Start,…and that is an Excel workbook you can find…in the Chapter 6 folder of the exercise files collection.…I have already done some of the work for you,…in cell "A1" I have the "Schedule" header,…and in "B2" through "P2," I have the team match ups.…
As valuable as it is to type in headings…when you're creating a solution like this,…I just couldn't bear to give you this much busy work.…So, there are the match up headers for you.…I can continue filling in the sheet,…we need to add two more column headers in "Q2" and "R2."…In "Q2," we need to type in "Games,"…and that will be the number of games…that are played in a given week, and press "tab."…And in "R2," type in "Target," and "enter."…So, we have the number of games that should be played,…which is the "Target," and the number of games…
- Finding target values using Goal Seek
- Organizing worksheets
- Finding a solution using Solver
- Solving linear and nonlinear mixture problems
- Solving transportation problems
- Solving resource scheduling or sports scheduling problems
- Analyzing Solver results
Skill Level Intermediate
Excel 2013: Managing and Analyzing Datawith Dennis Taylor2h 2m Intermediate
Excel 2013: Data Validation in Depthwith Dennis Taylor1h 5m Intermediate
Cleaning Up Your Excel 2013 Datawith Dennis Taylor1h 59m Appropriate for all
1. Working with Solver
2. Solving a Linear Mixture Problem
3. Solving a Nonlinear Mixture Problem
4. Solving a Transportation Problem
5. Solving a Resource Scheduling Optimization Problem
6. Solving a Sports Scheduling Problem
7. Analyzing Your Solver Results
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.