Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Organizing the worksheet, part of Solving Optimization and Scheduling Problems in Excel.
- When you create schedules for your employees,…you need to take target staffing levels…for each time period into account.…You must also factor in the starting and ending times…of each employee's shift.…In this movie, we will create an outline for the data…and changing cells we'll use later in the chapter.…My sample file is called Scheduling_Start…and that is an Excel workbook you can find…in the Chapter 5 folder of the Exercise Files collection.…So I need to create my Staff Required section…and my Staff Provided section.…
So in cells A3 to C3, I'll click in A3,…I'll type in a header for a Period Start…and that is a period of work, and Tab.…And in B3, I'll type Staff Required, press tab.…And C3, Staff Provided.…Now I can fill in my times when a period starts,…so I'll start with Midnight, and that is 12 AM.…So I'll type 1-2, followed by a colon, two zeroes,…a space, and then a capital A-M.…I'll press Enter to enter that value,…and it is saved as a time.…
That'll be important in a second.…In cell A5, I'll type 2 AM,…
- Finding target values using Goal Seek
- Organizing worksheets
- Finding a solution using Solver
- Solving linear and nonlinear mixture problems
- Solving transportation problems
- Solving resource scheduling or sports scheduling problems
- Analyzing Solver results
Skill Level Intermediate
Excel 2013: Managing and Analyzing Datawith Dennis Taylor2h 2m Intermediate
Excel 2013: Data Validation in Depthwith Dennis Taylor1h 5m Intermediate
Cleaning Up Your Excel 2013 Datawith Dennis Taylor1h 59m Appropriate for all
1. Working with Solver
2. Solving a Linear Mixture Problem
3. Solving a Nonlinear Mixture Problem
4. Solving a Transportation Problem
5. Solving a Resource Scheduling Optimization Problem
6. Solving a Sports Scheduling Problem
7. Analyzing Your Solver Results
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.