Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Defining changing value cells and summary formulas, part of Solving Optimization and Scheduling Problems in Excel.
- So far, we have created a worksheet…that contains the numbers we need…to solve our mixture problem.…In this movie, we will add dummy values to the cells.…Solver will change and define the formulas used…to calculate intermediate quantities…and the final cost of the mixture's ingredients.…My sample workbook is NonlinearMixture_Formulas,…and that's a file that you can find…in the chapter three folder…of the exercise files archive.…I have my outline, or skeleton, for my solution,…and now I can start typing in my values.…
The changing cells for this particular solution…will be cells B11 through D13,…and those cells represent the amount…of the input Octanes 83, 88, and 95…that will be used in the final mixture.…So I'll select cells B11 through D13,…type the number 1 in B11,…and then press ctrl enter…to enter that value into all of those cells.…Now I need to enter in my Target Gallons,…so in E11 I'll type 45000, press enter,…then in E12 I'll type in 25000,…and then in E13 17500.…
I'll go ahead and do the formatting now.…
- Finding target values using Goal Seek
- Organizing worksheets
- Finding a solution using Solver
- Solving linear and nonlinear mixture problems
- Solving transportation problems
- Solving resource scheduling or sports scheduling problems
- Analyzing Solver results
Skill Level Intermediate
Excel 2013: Managing and Analyzing Datawith Dennis Taylor2h 2m Intermediate
Excel 2013: Data Validation in Depthwith Dennis Taylor1h 5m Intermediate
Cleaning Up Your Excel 2013 Datawith Dennis Taylor1h 59m Appropriate for all
1. Working with Solver
2. Solving a Linear Mixture Problem
3. Solving a Nonlinear Mixture Problem
4. Solving a Transportation Problem
5. Solving a Resource Scheduling Optimization Problem
6. Solving a Sports Scheduling Problem
7. Analyzing Your Solver Results
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.