- When you want to analyze a problem in Solver, you need to…arrange your worksheet in a way that lets you enter…the parameters efficiently.…In this movie, I will walk through the steps for setting up…this nonlinear mixture problem.…The sample file that I'm working with is called…NonlinearMixture_Start and that is in Excel Workbook that…you can find in the Chapter 3 folder of your…exercise files collection.…Once again, our goal is to use inputs of three different…octane levels to create outputs of three other octane…levels, and we're trying to find the lowest cost way of…doing that.…
I will start by typing in my top section's title.…That'll go in cell A3 which is already selected, and I'll…call that Feedstock Costs, and press "Enter".…Now in cells B4 to D4, I will type in column headers…for the octanes that we're using as inputs.…So I'll press "Tab" to move to B4, and I'll type in…the first header, which is Octane83, then a "Tab" key,…Octane88, "Tab" key to move to the right,…and Octane95.…
So those will be my three inputs.…
- Identify where the Solver add-in appears after being installed.
- List the steps to populate a cell with whole dollar amounts.
- Identify the style used to format numbers with a thousands separator.
- Name the error you will receive if you try to solve a nonlinear problem with the simplex LP method.
- Recall the length of the season and the number of games per week in the sports scheduling problem.
- List what the Scenario Manager allows you to do.
Skill Level Intermediate
Cleaning Up Your Excel 2013 Datawith Dennis Taylor1h 59m Intermediate
1. Working with Solver
2. Solving a Linear Mixture Problem
3. Solving a Nonlinear Mixture Problem
4. Solving a Transportation Problem
5. Solving a Resource Scheduling Optimization Problem
6. Solving a Sports Scheduling Problem
7. Analyzing Your Solver Results
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.