Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Organizing the worksheet, part of Solving Optimization and Scheduling Problems in Excel.
- When you want to analyze a problem in Solver,…you need to arrange your worksheet in a way…that let's you enter the parameters efficiently.…In this movie, I will walk through the steps…for setting up this linear mixture problem.…My sample file is called LinearMixture_Start…and it's an Excel workbook that you can find…in the Chapter 2 folder of your Exercise Files collection.…This is a very basic worksheet.…All I've done is type in cell 2, the name of the problem.…
Now remember that our goal is to combine five mixtures…with varying amounts of four substances…to reach target concentrations in the final mix.…That means that I need to have information…about the mixtures.…So I'll start out by defining the mixes available.…And I'll put those in B4 through F4.…So I'll type Mix1, with no space, and the press Tab.…And then I'll click on cell B4 and drag the fill handle,…which is at the bottom right corner of cell B4…when it's selected you can see that there is a green square,…and if I move my mouse pointer over that,…
- Finding target values using Goal Seek
- Organizing worksheets
- Finding a solution using Solver
- Solving linear and nonlinear mixture problems
- Solving transportation problems
- Solving resource scheduling or sports scheduling problems
- Analyzing Solver results
Skill Level Intermediate
Excel 2013: Managing and Analyzing Datawith Dennis Taylor2h 2m Intermediate
Excel 2013: Data Validation in Depthwith Dennis Taylor1h 5m Intermediate
Cleaning Up Your Excel 2013 Datawith Dennis Taylor1h 59m Appropriate for all
1. Working with Solver
2. Solving a Linear Mixture Problem
3. Solving a Nonlinear Mixture Problem
4. Solving a Transportation Problem
5. Solving a Resource Scheduling Optimization Problem
6. Solving a Sports Scheduling Problem
7. Analyzing Your Solver Results
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.