In this chapter, you will optimize the location of three supply depots to minimize the total distance between the depots and your 25 stores. In this video, learn how to organize and enter data into the worksheet for the Solver model.
- [Instructor] In this chapter, we want to optimize…the location of three supply depots to minimize the total…distance between the depots and our 25 stores.…In this movie, I'll show you how to organize and enter…data into the worksheet for the solver model.…My sample file is location underscore 02,…and you can find that in the chapter three folder…of your exercise files collection.…There's a lot of data to enter for this particular…solution so, I have gone ahead and entered the data for you.…
I have three columns of 25 values, they are the Store I.D.,…the Store's X coordinate on the map…and the Store's Y coordinate and if I scroll down…using my mouse wheel, you can see that I have 25 rows.…I do need to enter some more data though.…The first is that I need to record the depot to which…each of the stores is assigned.…So, in Cell D1, I will type the Depot ID header…and press enter and I'll go back up and press control B…so that the header is displayed in bold.…
These values will change but I want you to give them…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Finding target values using Goal Seek
- Finding a solution using Solver
- Tuning investment portfolios
- Organizing worksheets
- Creating objective and control formulas
- Experimenting with different constraints
- Optimizing resource placement
- Defining decision trees