When sharing Word documents with others who may not have upgraded to Word 2016 as of yet, compatibility with those older versions of Word is important. In this movie, you will know how to use the compatibility checker to check compatibility with several older versions of Word, as well as how to convert older versions of documents to the latest version of Word 2016.
- [Voiceover] If you're going to be sharing…your Word documents with others…who may be using older versions of Microsoft Word,…compatibility is extremely important.…Thankfully, here in Word 2016,…there's something called a Compatibility Checker.…In the previous movie, if you were following along,…we already got a glimpse of Compatibility Mode.…So, we're going to focus on that…as we continue to work with a few Word documents,…including this Best of Landon Hotel Guide.docx.…If you've opened it up,…you'll notice there's no Compatibility Mode happening here.…
We're working with a document…that was created in Word 2016.…If you opened up the other document, the Press Release,…you can Alt+Tab over to it,…Press_release.docx.…You'll also find this in the Chapter 2 folder…of your exercise files, if you don't already have it open.…Open it up and Compatibility Mode does show up here,…because this was actually created…in an earlier version of Microsoft Word…that still used the .docx extension…we see in Word 2016.…So, how do we know what version it was created in…
- Understanding the user interface changes
- Exploring Touch mode
- Maintaining compatibility with older versions of Office
- Opening and editing PDF files in Word
- Creating Excel charts quickly
- Exploring presentation themes in PowerPoint 2016
- Migrating email to Outlook 2016
- Using Outlook notes
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started
2. Migrate to Word 2016
3. Migrate to Excel 2016
4. Migrate to PowerPoint 2016
5. Migrate to Outlook 2016
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.