In this video, analyze opportunity age in conjunction with stages and stage duration to identify opportunities that have gone stale and need to be analyzed, in order to understand if they are still active or should be removed from the pipeline.
- [Instructor] In this video we'll be discussing…yet another angle to review the quality of your data,…and that's the opportunity age.…We'll combine it with the stage duration…and the stage to identify the opportunities…that have inconsistent information and…need to be reviewed.…As an example, we'll definitely review…opportunities that have been around for a long time,…have stayed at the same stage for a long time,…and have a low probability and low stage.…You shouldn't have too many of those.…
Let's start by making a copy of our master Pivot,…and let's call it Opportunity Age Check.…So let's start by adding the age and the stage…duration next to the amount.…You need to make sure that this is displaying…the sum of age and stage duration.…
Next add probability before the opportunity owner,…and look for the stage field and add it…just below probability.…Finally, invert opportunity name and opportunity owner.…Now, let's remove the unnecessary subtotals.…Let's resize our columns.…
And let's zoom out a little bit to see…
- How the pipeline materializes in Salesforce
- Examining a high-level overview of the sales cycle
- Examining qualitative and quantitative measures
- Acquiring and preparing your data
- Creating your report in Salesforce
- Working with qualitative and quantitative reports
- Conducting effective pipeline reviews
- Collaborating with the sales team
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Sales Cycle and Salesforce Pipeline
2. Acquiring and Preparing Your Data
3. Qualitative Reports
4. Quantitative Reports
5. Conducting Effective Pipeline Reviews
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.