PDF files are read only documents. In Word 2010, you could save your documents to the pdf file format to create a protected version that is ideal for sharing but not necessarily editing. In this movie, you will know how to use Word 2016 to actually open and edit a pdf file, something that was not possible in Word 2010.
- [Voiceover] In Word 2010, you could save your files…to PDF, or portable document format,…when you needed a read-only copy of your file…to, perhaps, share with others.…Well, here in Word 2016, you can still save to PDF,…but what's new is, you can open up a PDF file…here in Word, even edit that file,…and save it back to PDF.…What really happens is when you open up a PDF…it's converted to Word, and then you save it back to PDF.…Let's check it out.…You can see I've closed up everything here.…You can do the same if you like,…or just go up to File and Open.…
We're going to open the PDF file in the Chapter 2 folder…of your exercise files.…So we'll go to Browse,…and there it is, Press_release.pdf.…When you click Open, something's going to happen.…You'll see this message that it's going to convert…your PDF file to a document that can be edited…in Microsoft Word, and depending on the size of the file,…graphics, et cetera, it could take awhile.…Now you can choose not to see this message…by clicking the check box, and then click OK.…
- Describe when you would use Touch mode.
- Explain how to use the navigation pane to search a document.
- Name the tool that converts older versions of templates to new versions.
- Cite the tool that allows you to create charts quickly.
- Recall how to separate data from one column into two columns.
- Describe the features of Presenter view and explain when you would use it.
- Explain sneak peek and when you would use it.
- Cite the pane where you can get weather updates.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started
2. Migrate to Word 2016
3. Migrate to Excel 2016
4. Migrate to PowerPoint 2016
5. Migrate to Outlook 2016
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.