PDF files are read only files using the Adobe portable document format. In Word 2003, you could print to PDF if you had installed the right plugin. In Word 2016, you can not only save to PDF, but you can open and edit PDF files as well. In this movie, you will know how to open a PDF file, make changes to the file, and save it back to PDF.
- [Voiceover] When you wanna create a document…that's read-only, in other words a secure document…to share with others so they can't edit…the document necessarily,…pdf or portable document format…is the way to go.…Now in Word 2003 you could print to pdf…if you had the plugin that kind of converted the file…to a pdf version of your Word document.…Here in Word 2016 it's so much easier.…Not only can you save to the pdf format,…you can actually open up pdf files, edit them,…and save them back.…
That's what we're going to do.…You can close up anything you might be working on…like I have and then click file and open.…With open selected click browse.…And browse to the Chapter 2 folder of your exercise files…where you'll find press release 0203…and indeed it's a pdf file.…With it selected, when you click open,…you will see a message, at least the first time,…that you're about to convert the pdf file…to a Word document you can edit.…Could take a while if it's a large document,…and the resulting Word document…is going to be optimized so you can edit the text…
- Describe how to customize the Quick Access Toolbar.
- Summarize cloud computing and how to use OneDrive.
- Explain how to search with the navigation pane.
- Recall how to convert older versions of templates to Word 2016.
- Describe how to use formulas and functions.
- Cite how to format a workbook.
- Summarize how to create charts with the Recommended Charts tool.
- Explain how to animate objects with transitions and animations.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started
2. Migrate to Word 2016
3. Migrate to Excel 2016
4. Migrate to PowerPoint 2016
5. Migrate to Outlook 2016
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.