- What is Excel?
- Creating and saving workbooks
- Adding formulas and functions
- Using AutoFill
- Formatting, text, numbers, dates, and times
- Merging cells
- Inserting charts and pictures
- Sharing and printing workbooks
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Hi, and welcome to Office 365: Up and Running with Excel. I'm David Rivers. Excel is the world's most popular spreadsheet program for storing, organizing and manipulating data. This course is designed to help those with very little to no experience at all with Microsoft Excel, get up and running quickly, creating their own spreadsheets. Now, just to let you know, if you've already taken our Up and Running with Excel 2016 course here at Lynda dot com, this course covers the exact same things. After all the Excel you get with Office 365, it's the exact same as Excel 2016.
And since Office 365 is regularly updated by Microsoft, we'll be updating our courses here at Lynda dot com as well. We'll begin with a quick tour of the user interface to get you comfortable in your surroundings, before we start inputting data, such as texts, numbers and then formulas and functions. We'll also spend some time using a variety of formatting options to make your spreadsheets look their best while improving readability. And then we'll add visual interest with charts and graphics. Then we'll explore ways to share your finished work online, via email and by printing.
So, with so much to cover, let's get you up and running with Microsoft Excel.