Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Objective KPIs, part of Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack Essential Training.
…Another kind of KPI that we use, that is less commonly used is the composite KPI.…For composite KPI, what we take is children KPIs and…rolled them up, so your business scenario would be such as we…had a manager that was in charge of sales for bikes, so here's her KPI.…A minute.…Click on Data Mappings, and…she looks at Reseller Sales Amount by Product Category, Bikes.…So this measure is just going to return the values for bikes.…
We have another manager that's in charge of accessories, and his will…return just accessories, so we're going to slice this measure by accessories.…Now we have a third manager who is over both of those accessories and…bikes, and that KPI is right here.…This is a composite KPI.…If you look, this composite KPI has no data mappings and…no calculation value, because it's going to roll up from the children.…
Here it is in a scorecard.…I've got Reseller Sales, bikes amount, and we are rolling up the values,…that's why this is yellow and we have no values here.…From both reseller sales accessories and bikes.…
- Working with data sources and data views in SQL
- Understanding the star and snowflake database schemas
- Working with the SQL 2012 semantic model (aka tabular mode)
- Using Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
- Using Excel Web Parts to connect to spreadsheets
- Building dashboards with key performance indicators (KPIs) and reports
- Understanding the Microsoft data-mining process
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 39s Intermediate
1. The Traditional Multidimensional Model
2. The New Tabular Model
3. Basic Power Pivot
4. SharePoint Excel Services
5. Basic PerformancePoint
6. SharePoint Visio Services
7. Data Mining and Predictive Analytics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.