Join Chris Dutton for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Excel Business Intelligence Part 1: Power Query.
(pleasant music)…- [Instructor] All right, I hope this course…has given you some great tips and tricks…for working with Power Query,…but remember that this is only the first step…towards mastering Excel's BIN data modeling tools.…We'll be picking up right where we left off…in part two, Data Modeling 101,…and then conclude the course with part three,…which is a deep dive into Power Pivot and DAX.…Thanks for watching.…I'll see you in the next section.…
- When to use Power Query (Get & Transform or Get Data)
- When to use Power Pivot
- Working with the Query Editor
- Options for loading data in Excel
- Working with text-specific and number-specific query editing tools
- Creating a rolling calendar with Power Query
- Grouping and aggregating data with Power Query
- Modifying Excel workbook queries
- Merging and appending queries
- Pivoting and unpivoting data with Power Query
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
Set expectations1m 46s
2. Intro to the Power Excel Series
The power Excel workflow3m 50s
3. Power Query
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.