Join Dennis Taylor for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Excel 2016: Avoiding Common Mistakes.
- [Dennis] Thank you for watching this course.…If you've had difficulty with certain basic features…of Excel, you might want to check out my course,…Excel 2016 Essential Training.…If you'd like to learn more about Excel,…you can look at my other Excel courses…on formulas and functions, data validation,…Excel Tips Weekly, where a new tip is released…every Tuesday, and many others.…Numerous other Excel courses are available there…and new ones are being added each month.…Thank you for watching.…
Dennis begins with the basics—how to display data so that errors can be easily spotted. Next, he offers handy tips to ensure data is entered correctly the first time, using the AutoFill feature and using AutoCorrect shortcut codes for frequently used entries. Dennis provides easy ways to validate your data, which is particularly helpful when multiple team members are contributing to the same spreadsheet. This includes restricting the data that can appear in a spreadsheet by setting value limits, pre-populating data with drop-down lists, and other methods. He also shows how to avoid mistakes in formulas, how to hide data that doesn't need to be seen, and how to use workbook protection to prevent errors, and more.
- Streamlining data entry steps
- Using Excel shortcuts and automation features
- Protecting worksheets and workbooks
- Validating data
- Basing entries on formulas
- Detecting errors in formulas
- Using Range Names
- Finding mistakes in large, complex spreadsheets