Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Excel: Creating a Basic Dashboard.
- [Instructor] Thanks again for working…through creating a basic dashboard in Excel 2016.…I hope you got a lot out of the course.…This was intended to be a brief course, an introduction.…So I wanted to give you some further resources…so that you know where to look for further skills.…Specifically, I want to recommend four courses…in the Lynda online training library.…The first is Creating Interactive Dashboards…in Excel 2013 by Nate Makdad.…Everything that Nate teaches you in that course…also works in 2016, and it goes into more depth…than what I showed you here.…
It's a terrific course, and I think it's a great next step.…Next, in case there are any skills…that you want to brush up on,…I highly recommend Excel 2016 Essential…Training by Dennis Taylor.…If you want to learn more about pivot tables,…which are my favorite feature in Excel…and are extremely powerful in the way…that they let you reorganize your data on the fly,…you can go through my course Excel 2016:…Pivot Tables in Depth.…With that information in place,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Managing data using Excel tables
- Managing PivotTables and PivotCharts
- Summarizing table and PivotTable data
- Defining conditional formats
- Creating sparklines
- Sketching your dashboard layout
- Creating and managing cell links
- Linking cell contents to a shape
- Linking to a PivotTable cell
- Extending your dashboard using hidden rows