- [Instructor] Thank you again for working through…Excel 2013: Financial Functions in Depth.…I hope you've got a lot out of the course.…And before I go, I'd like to give you some resources…that you can use for further exploration.…First is the course, Financial Analysis:…Analyzing the Bottom Line with Excel by Rudolph Rosenberg.…That's available in the Lynda.com Online Training Library.…And so is its companion course,…Financial Analysis: Analyzing the Top Line with Excel.…There are also two books that I very highly recommend.…
The first is Principles of Finance with Excel…by Simon Benninga.…It's a terrific book.…It's very comprehensive.…It's used as a textbook in some graduate schools.…Because it's a textbook, the current edition…is usually pretty expensive, but you can find…inexpensive older editions online if you look.…And finally, there's Microsoft Excel 2013:…Data Analysis and Business Modeling by Wayne L. Winston.…He provides a lot of wonderful techniques…and goes into great depth in an entire series of topics.…
- Recall what the type argument is used to determine when using the PMT function.
- Identify what the M stands for in the ACCRINTM function.
- Name the accounting rules used by the AMORDEGRC function to assign a depreciation coefficient to an asset.
- Recall what internal rate of return generated by the IRR function should be measured against to determine if it is a good investment.
- List the three regular intervals that coupon bonds pay interest at.
- Determine the function that provides a more conservative bond evaluation compared to the DURATION function.
- Explain what the RECEIVED function shows.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Analyzing Loans, Payments, and Interest
2. Calculating Depreciation
3. Determining Values and Rates of Return
4. Calculating Bond Coupon Dates and Security Durations
5. Calculating Security Prices and Yields
6. Analyzing Simulation Results
Next steps1m 12s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.