In this video, Walter wraps up the course and suggests next steps, including courses from the learning library that can be of help in your career moving forward. As with any other skill, planning and budgeting will get more familiar and easier the more you use the skills. Good luck out there!
- We've covered a lot of information…in a short amount of time.…As you have seen, budgeting for video…and creative projects goes beyond…just putting numbers on paper.…All of this may seem a bit overwhelming,…but like any new skill this all becomes second nature…the more you practice budgeting.…Just a reminder, you won't use all of these steps…for every budget.…I've created budgets in 10 minutes,…and I've created budgets over the course of 10 days.…
But having a set template to start from each time…will help you to create an accurate budget every time.…Remember, a budget clarifies what we promise to do…for the client and what the client is expected…to provide for us.…A clear, concise budget can mean the difference…between landing the project or not.…And keep in mind our online training library…is a great resource for any of your production…or business needs.…
I'm Walter Biscardi, Jr.…Thanks so much for you time and good luck out there.…
- Completing a client assessment
- Discerning between client needs versus wants
- Developing a working concept
- Creating time and crew assessments
- Coming up with the budget
- Presenting the proposal
- Revising the budget
- Knowing when to walk away
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Video Foundations: Cameras and Shootingwith Anthony Q. Artis2h 58m Appropriate for all
Script Writing for Nonfiction Videowith Amy DeLouise1h 46m Appropriate for all
Site Surveys for Video and Photo Projectswith Richard Harrington1h 43m Appropriate for all
1. Client Assessment
Client need vs. want1m 55s
2. Concept Development
3. Prebudget Production Planning
4. Putting the Budget Together
5. Presenting Your Budget and Proposal
6. Revising the Budget
Next steps1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.