Join Bill Shander for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Data Visualization: Storytelling.
- [Voiceover] Like all humans, I crave stories.…They make an emotional connection in a way…a collection of facts can never do.…And data stories are extra compelling to me…because they marry the evolutionary imperative…of stories with the important fact-driven…element that we need to make great decisions.…I hope you've enjoyed this course and that…I've given you a lot to think about…for your next data storytelling project.…Next, check out the Storytelling for Designers course.…You'll find a bunch more examples and lessons…for translating content into compelling visual stories.…This may seem like a bit of a tangent if you're…a data analyst, but trust me, if you can add…storytelling to your list of skills, you'll stand…head and shoulders above most other data analysts.…
You should also constantly monitor these media…properties who are doing among…the best work telling data stories out there.…You'll find constant inspiration in their publications,…and you can visit my new website RockTheVizComm.com…This site is where I share my data storytelling workshops,…
Join data visualization expert Bill Shander as he guides you through the process of turning "facts and figures" into "story" to engage and fulfill our human expectation for information. This course is intended for anyone who works with data and has to communicate it to others, whether a researcher, a data analyst, a consultant, a marketer, or a journalist. Bill shows you how to think about, and craft, stories from data by examining many compelling stories in detail.
- Creating a narrative structure for data
- Applying narrative to data
- Identifying what you want to say with the data
- Analyzing what your data is saying
- Determining what your audience needs to hear
- Leveraging tables, charts, and visuals
- Ensuring your narrative provides context and direction