Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Learning Excel Data-Mining.
- So, next steps, or, where do you go from here?…Well, what I would suggest is two things…that can have immediate impact on a business.…See if you can get a hold of a shopping basket,…that is, the data out of some repository,…probably over on SQL, or maybe on a point-of-sale system…that contains the shopping basket, that is,…the different items that people purchased at the same time.…So they'll have a linking transaction number.…We did some shopping basket analysis, so if you can…get a sample of, say, ten, twenty, thirty,…forty, fifty thousand different transactions,…then go ahead, put it into Excel, and then just…run the shopping basket analysis on it…and see what it comes up with.…
If you see anything that may give you…some ideas of how to change certain things,…like the old "Put the chewing gum…"next to the checkout counter," then you might want…to implement it, or suggest it within your business.…The second thing you want to take a look at is,…what do you know about your customers?…So you want to analyze key influencers.…
- Recognize the factors involved in building an environment.
- Define models, induction, and prediction.
- Determine key concepts in Excel data-mining.
- Analyze key influencers.
- Break down how to utilize the detect categories tool.
- Recognize where and when to use the Shopping Basket Analysis.
Skill Level Intermediate
Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012with Gerry O'Brien5h 34m Beginner
Cleaning Up Your Excel 2013 Datawith Dennis Taylor1h 59m Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 35s Intermediate
1. Data-Mining Concepts
2. The Microsoft Data-Mining Algorithms
The Microsoft algorithms3m 32s
3. Data Mining between Excel and SQL Server Analysis Services
Understanding mining models2m 33s
4. Using the Data-Mining Add-ins in Excel
Next steps2m 32s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.