Join Bill Shander for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Data Visualization for Data Analysts.
- Data visualization is about communicating. And for data analysts who are deep in the weeds of the data it can sometimes be hard to separate from the data itself and think just about the communications of the stories behind the data. I hope this course has helped you think a bit about the storytelling in the communications aspects of what you do, and that it's helped you think more strategically about how to communicate that information in a visual way that'll connect with your audience. In addition to this basic course on the subject there are a lot of great resources out there that I'd like to recommend to any data visualization enthusiast. There are a lot of sites focusing on visualization these days.
These publications are probably among the best and there are plenty of others as well but you can always go to these websites to find great inspirations for simple charts, and very complex visualizations of very complex ideas. These publications have assembled great teams of people working on this really interesting field. I hope you've enjoyed this course. I had a blast putting all these thoughts and materials together. Feel free to follow me on Twitter I'm always sharing interesting thought leadership and visualizations that I come across. And I hope to meet some of you out in the real world.
- Why visual communications matter, and how they work
- Communicating via story
- Communicating with color
- Using legends and sources
- Sketching and wireframing
- Rethinking slides, charts, and diagrams
- Rethinking your templates and brand guidelines