Most people have gone through the embarassing scenario where they are sending an email that refers to an attached file, but they forget to attach that file before sending the message off. They then need to send a second message with the file attached. In this movie, you will know how Outlook 2016 reminds you that you may have forgotten to attach file when you go to send a message that refers to an attachment that is not there.
- [Voiceover] This last feature of Outlook 2016…might be my favorite feature I did not have in Outlook 2003.…It's going to save you the embarrassment that often happens…when we send out an email…indicating there's an attached file…and we forget to attach the file.…That usually means a second email…saying "sorry, here's the attachment I was referring to…"in my first email.".…Well, we can avoid that now thanks to a little feature…that picks up on words like Attachment, Attach, etc.…We're going to test it out here in our Mail app…by going to New Email.…
We can send it to whoever you like.…I'm going to send it to David Rivers.…The subject, Press Release.…Down below, I'm gonna type in a message something like this,…"Hi David, here is the updated press release.…"Please use this copy for the public."…There we go.…How about this?…"The file is attached."…Alright, so this is coming from Harold.…
He signs it and then he goes up here to send it off.…Now, watch what happens when we go to send a message,…clicking Send, that says the file is attached…
- Understanding user interface differences
- Working in Compatibility mode
- Opening and editing PDFs in Word 2016
- Using templates and images
- Creating macro-enabled workbooks in Excel 2016
- Exploring PowerPoint themes, transitions, and animations
- Importing Outlook contacts, email, and calendars into Outlook 2016
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started
2. Migrate to Word 2016
3. Migrate to Excel 2016
4. Migrate to PowerPoint 2016
5. Migrate to Outlook 2016
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.