- Nesting of functions, although sometimes…cumbersome and a bit complex,…sometimes are necessary,…and you might have seen in an earlier movie…using nested if functions.…Sometimes we might need to use a nested vlookup.…In this particular worksheet,…we need to find the Regional Tax Rate…based on which state a person is in,…and also how many dependents that person has.…Recognize that in columns J and K,…we've got a list of all the states…and the region that that state is in.…
And based on that, we could go to the table to its right…and then, combining that bit of information,…along with the number of dependents a person has,…to then come up with the tax rate…based on an adjusted yearly salary.…So, all we're looking for, though, is the tax rate.…We're not talking about the salary here.…So, the first we need to do is to figure out…which region each state is in,…and that's gonna be based on the table…that we see in columns J and K here.…So we use an exact match vlookup here.…
Go vlookup.…We're looking up the state, in this case,…
- Using absolute, relative, and mixed references
- Using the Formula Builder
- Converting formulas to values
- Creating 3D formulas to gather data from multiple sheets
- Creating and expanding the use of nested IF statements
- Looking up information with VLOOKUP, MATCH, and INDEX
- Using the power functions: COUNTIF, SUMIF, and AVERAGEIF
- Analyzing data with the statistical functions
- Calculating payment
- Performing basic math
- Determining dates and times
- Editing text with functions
- Analyzing data with arrays
Skill Level Advanced
Excel for Mac 2011 Essential Trainingwith Curt Frye6h 32m Beginner
1. Formula and Function Tools
2. Formula and Function Tips and Shortcuts
3. IF and Related Functions
4. Lookup and Reference Functions
5. Statistical Functions
6. Power Functions
7. Selected Financial Functions
8. Selected Math Functions
9. Date and Time Functions
10. Text Functions
11. Array Formulas and Functions
12. Reference Functions
13. Information Functions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.