Join Bill Shander for an in-depth discussion in this video Need to know, part of Data Visualization Storytelling Essentials.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] This course is intended for people who need to communicate data, whether you're a junior marketing associate, just getting started with analytics, or a data scientist. You're working with data, and you need to know how to communicate that data to maximum effect. You know that you're trying to reach an audience, and get them to take some action, and/or learn something. And you realize that to do so, you have to tell them a story. You have to take them on a journey of understanding with you and your data. This course will help you understand how to go from data to story, from a pile of numbers to a narrative that will best reach your audience in a way they need to hear you.
This is an introductory course, so you'll be up and running with basic concepts very quickly.
Join data visualization expert Bill Shander as he guides you through the process of turning "facts and figures" into "story" to engage and fulfill our human expectation for information. This course is intended for anyone who works with data and has to communicate it to others, whether a researcher, a data analyst, a consultant, a marketer, or a journalist. Bill shows you how to think about, and craft, stories from data by examining many compelling stories in detail.
- Creating a narrative structure for data
- Applying narrative to data
- Identifying what you want to say with the data
- Analyzing what your data is saying
- Determining what your audience needs to hear
- Leveraging tables, charts, and visuals
- Ensuring your narrative provides context and direction