In this video, staff author Jess Stratton shows users how to navigate the main areas of Microsoft Excel, including the Ribbon, right-click options, and backstage areas.
- [Instructor] Let's take a quick tour of the interface…for Excel, so that you can become familiar…with it as we go through the course.…At the top is the ribbon interface…that all Microsoft Office products share.…This is a tabbed interface that's grouped by category,…so if you're looking to do a particular task,…such as change the page margins,…the titles will tell you where to go.…The most commonly used items are in the Home tab.…If you can't find something in a particular ribbon tab,…click inside Tell me what to do.…From here, you can type exactly what you'd like to do.…
It will take you right where you want to go.…The exception to this tabbed interface rule…is the File tab.…I'm going to click on the File tab…and it's going to bring me into a special area…called Backstage view.…Here's where you can go to open new worksheets,…save your existing worksheets, print them,…share them, even export them.…You can click Account to sign in…to your OneDrive or Exchange account,…and you can also click Options to get into…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Converting Google Sheets to Excel format
- Working anywhere with Excel Online
- Working with sheets
- Creating an Excel table
- Applying conditional formatting
- Working with formulas
- Working with charts and sparklines
- Sharing files and collaborating with others
- Reviewing and tracking changes