Using the large Sort button on the data tab lets you not only set multiple levels (up to 64) of sorting but also what to sort on (values, Cell Color, Font Color, or Cell Icon), what sort order to use for each level (A to Z or Z to A), and whether to sort based on the order of a Custom List.
- [Voiceover] On this worksheet called Multiple Key Sorting,…it appears as if the data has been sorted by…Column D, the ID Number.…But let's imagine that we want to sort it…on the basis of not just one column,…but multiple columns.…Let's say that we'd like to group this data…by Department and within each department,…because we're gonna have a lot of people…in certain departments, we wanna be able to…find people within certain organizations,…we might want to sort it by Status.…Full time, half time, et cetera.…And there can be times even there,…where we've got a lot of entries…that meet both criteria, therefore,…in locating records that have the same…Status and Department, we might want…them in a certain order as well, too.…
Now, if you're familiar with using the single buttons here,…these are fine when you're sorting by one column.…Or maybe two columns.…But, if you have any doubts about what it…is you're trying to sort or how you might…want to sort in different kinds of ways,…use the larger Sort Button found here on the Data Tab.…
- Prepping data for analysis
- Multiple-key sorting
- Sorting by rows or by columns
- Setting single- and multi-level subtotals
- Using text, numeric, and date filters
- Creating custom filters
- Filtering tables using slicers
- Using Advanced Filter
- Eliminating duplicate data
- Using SUMIF and COUNTIF functions for quick data analysis
- Working with the database functions such as DSUM and DMAX
Skill Level Intermediate
Working with Real-Time Data in Excelwith Chris Dutton1h 18m Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Power BI Desktop (2016)with Gini von Courter2h 52m Intermediate
1. Data Preparation
2. Sorting Data
3. Creating Automatic Subtotals in Sorted Lists
4. Filtering Data
5. Advanced Filter
6. Eliminating Duplicate Data
7. Data Analysis Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.