In this video, the instructor demonstrates some of the most common pros and cons of moving an existing PivotChart into its own separate worksheet or tab in Excel.
- [Narrator] I want to take just a minute…to talk about moving pivot charts,…specifically on to new sheets,…which is something that I actually don't recommend.…So you may have noticed that with any chart selected,…in your pivot chart tools Design tab,…you've got this option for Move Chart…at the right of the pane.…Also, if you right click, you can see the same option here,…right beneath Select Data,…so you can move the chart in two different ways.…And when you select that option,…it gives you a dialog box that allows you…to either move it as an object within an existing sheet…or as a new sheet on it's own.…
So right now, it exists as an object within the sheet…that we call Pivot, but if we move it to a new sheet,…before I press Okay, one thing to note is that…I can't undo this change,…and it will remove the pivot from it's current location…and place it into a new place.…So press Okay and now it basically creates…a new sheet, called Chart One,…where this donut chart now resides.…And what's a little odd is that…it kind of locks it into this template,…
- Establishing a layer convention and property filters
- Structuring your source data
- How PivotTables actually work
- Number formatting and conditional formatting
- Sorting and grouping options
- Troubleshooting incorrect sorting
- Value summarization and value calculation modes
- Inserting calculated items
- Visualizing data with PivotCharts
- Designing interactive dashboards
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Excel Data-Analysis (2015)with Curt Frye2h 24m Beginner
Part 1: Introduction1m 8s
1. Getting Started
Getting to know IMDb2m 21s
2. PivotTable 101
3. PivotTable Formatting
4. Sorting, Filtering, and Grouping
5. Calculated Values, Fields, and Items
6. Visualizing Data with PivotCharts
7. Wrapping Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.