Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Models, induction, and prediction, part of Excel Data-Mining Fundamentals.
- Types of Mining Models…In general, the data mining model,…just like a business model is a simplified representation…of reality that we create to serve some purpose.…We say it is simplified because it is based…on some assumptions, which we hope to be valid,…about what is and is not important for the specific purpose.…The Predictive Model…In data mining, a predictive model…is a formula for estimating the…unknown value of interest, known as the target.…
This formula could be mathematical,…or a logical statement such as a rule.…It is often a hybrid of the two.…Predictive models for credit scoring estimate…the likelihood that potential customers will default.…In spam filtering, predictive models estimate…whether a given piece of email is spam.…This is an interesting example of data mining…because our ability, today, to discover spam…is far superior than it was even a few years ago,…because of the knowledge we've gained about spam,…and then applied to our data model.…
You see the looping here of data mining.…I just love that example because it is such…
- Solving business problems with data mining
- Exploring Excel's data-mining algorithms
- Data mining with Excel SQL Server Analysis Services
- Using the Data Preparation tab
- Detecting categories
- Using the Prediction Calculator
Skill Level Intermediate
Cleaning Up Your Excel 2013 Datawith Dennis Taylor1h 59m Appropriate for all
Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012with Gerry O'Brien5h 35m Beginner
Excel 2013: Data Validation in Depthwith Dennis Taylor1h 5m Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 39s Intermediate
1. Data-Mining Concepts
2. The Microsoft Data-Mining Algorithms
The Microsoft algorithms3m 32s
3. Data Mining between Excel and SQL Server Analysis Services
Understanding mining models2m 33s
4. Using the Data-Mining Add-ins in Excel
Next steps2m 32s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.