Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video The Model Usage group, part of Learning Excel Data-Mining.
- Okay, now we're going to take a look…at this model usage group.…We're also going to look at Manage Models…and also the Advanced icon over in here.…To make any of that work I need…a connection into Analysis Services.…So you see I have no connection right now,…if I just click it, I'll get my pop up.…I'm going to go New, and now I'm running…everything locally so I'm just going to…put in a dot, which means local host.…I'll call Test Connection, and it worked.…
I'm using my existing user Windows authentication.…Now I need to select a catalog,…catalog's an old name, really means it's a database.…So the friendly name, and I can put some…friendly name down in here and this is…just fine with me and I'll say okay.…We'll call close, and now we have a connection up in here.…You need the connection, else without a connection…every time you click any of this, it won't work.…So, let's look first at this Manage Models.…Now when I click Manage Models, that takes me up…and looks at the models that exist up on…SQL Server Analysis Services and if you see,…
- Solving business problems with data mining
- Exploring Excel's data-mining algorithms
- Data mining with Excel SQL Server Analysis Services
- Using the Data Preparation tab
- Detecting categories
- Using the Prediction Calculator
Skill Level Intermediate
Cleaning Up Your Excel 2013 Datawith Dennis Taylor1h 59m Appropriate for all
Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012with Gerry O'Brien5h 34m Beginner
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 35s Intermediate
1. Data-Mining Concepts
2. The Microsoft Data-Mining Algorithms
The Microsoft algorithms3m 32s
3. Data Mining between Excel and SQL Server Analysis Services
Understanding mining models2m 33s
4. Using the Data-Mining Add-ins in Excel
Next steps2m 32s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.