Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Microsoft data mining process, part of Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack Essential Training.
…The Microsoft data mining process, supervised versus unsupervised methods.…I want you to consider two similar questions we might ask about a customer,…the first, do our customers naturally fall into different groups?…Here, no specific purpose or target has been specified for the grouping.…When there is no such target, the data mining problem is referred to…as unsupervised with a slightly different question.…
Can we find groups of customers who have particularly high likelihoods of…cancelling their service?…That question has a specified target to find, will a customer leave?…In this case, segmentation is being done for a specific reason to take action based…on likelihood of churn, that is called a supervised data mining problem.…The difference between these questions is subtle but important.…If a specific target can be provided the problem can be phrased as a supervised on.…
Supervised tests require different techniques than unsupervised tests do and…the results are often much more useful.…A supervise technique, is giving a specific purpose for…
- Working with data sources and data views in SQL
- Understanding the star and snowflake database schemas
- Working with the SQL 2012 semantic model (aka tabular mode)
- Using Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
- Using Excel Web Parts to connect to spreadsheets
- Building dashboards with key performance indicators (KPIs) and reports
- Understanding the Microsoft data-mining process
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 35s Intermediate
1. The Traditional Multidimensional Model
2. The New Tabular Model
3. Basic Power Pivot
4. SharePoint Excel Services
5. Basic PerformancePoint
6. SharePoint Visio Services
7. Data Mining and Predictive Analytics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.