Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video The Microsoft algorithms, part of Learning Excel Data-Mining.
- The Microsoft Algorithms.…The Microsoft Decision Tree Algorithm.…This algorithm is probably the most popular…data-mining technique because of fast training performance,…a high degree of accuracy and easily…understandable patterns.…The most common data-mining task…for decision tree is classification,…that is, determining whether or not…a set of data belongs to a specific type or class.…For example, lone applicants can be classified…as high or low risk, and decision trees…help to determine the rules to perform…that classification, based on historical data.…
The Linear Regression Algorithm.…The Microsoft linear regression algorithm…is a variation of the decision tree algorithm.…And it helps us to calculate a linear regression…between the dependent and an independent variable.…And then use that relationship for a prediction.…Microsoft Clustering Algorithm.…The clustering algorithm finds natural groupings…inside your data, when these groupings are not obvious.…In other words, it finds the hidden variable,…that accurately classifies your data.…
- Solving business problems with data mining
- Exploring Excel's data-mining algorithms
- Data mining with Excel SQL Server Analysis Services
- Using the Data Preparation tab
- Detecting categories
- Using the Prediction Calculator
Skill Level Intermediate
Cleaning Up Your Excel 2013 Datawith Dennis Taylor1h 59m Appropriate for all
Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012with Gerry O'Brien5h 35m Beginner
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 39s Intermediate
1. Data-Mining Concepts
2. The Microsoft Data-Mining Algorithms
The Microsoft algorithms3m 32s
3. Data Mining between Excel and SQL Server Analysis Services
Understanding mining models2m 33s
4. Using the Data-Mining Add-ins in Excel
Next steps2m 32s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.