Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Microsoft algorithms, part of Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack in Depth.
…The Microsoft Decision Tree Algorithm.…That's probably the most popular data mining technique, because of fast training…performance, a high degree of accuracy, and easily understood patterns.…The most common data mining task for a decision tree is classification.…That is, determining whether or…not a set of data belongs to a specified type or class.…For example, if a loan applicant can be classified as high or low risk.…
And decision trees help determine the rules to…perform that classification based on historical data.…Linear regression.…The linear model detects relationships between continuous numerical inputs and…predicted variables.…It uses least squares to determine the model that represents the best linear fit…between a continuous dependent and continuous independent variables.…Clustering.…The Microsoft clustering algorithm finds natural groupings and…signs your data when these groupings are not obvious.…
In other words, it finds hidden values that accurately classifies your data.…Now, whether or not values that it discovers are of value to…
- Working with data sources and data views in SQL
- Understanding the star and snowflake database schemas
- Working with the SQL 2012 semantic model (aka tabular mode)
- Using Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
- Using Excel Web Parts to connect to spreadsheets
- Building dashboards with key performance indicators (KPIs) and reports
- Understanding the Microsoft data-mining process
Skill Level Intermediate
Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack Fundamentalswith Ron Davis43m 39s Intermediate
1. The Traditional Multidimensional Model
2. The New Tabular Model
3. Basic Power Pivot
4. SharePoint Excel Services
5. Basic PerformancePoint
6. SharePoint Visio Services
7. Data Mining and Predictive Analytics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.