- Finding target values using Goal Seek
- Finding a solution using Solver
- Tuning investment portfolios
- Organizing worksheets
- Creating objective and control formulas
- Experimenting with different constraints
- Optimizing resource placement
- Defining decision trees
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Instructor] Hello and welcome, I'm Curt Frye. In this course, I'll show you how to use the free Solver add-in to help analyze your data in Excel 2016. I'll start by showing you how to install Solver, organize worksheets to make the data and summary operations clear and then create and solve a model. Then, I'll show you one way to optimize financial portfolios by laying out fund performance data, setting rules that limit the risk you're willing to take on and change the model's parameters to analyze various scenarios.
Next, I'll demonstrate how to calculate the optimal location for shipping depots in relation to your stores. These movies will show you how to record store and depot locations, map these locations in an xy scatter chart and use the evolutionary Solver to find locations that minimize distance traveled. After that, I'll show you how to lay out a decision tree, represent the tree in an Excel table and evaluate one or more branches to find the best option. I'm sure you'll find that your time with this course will be time well spent.
Dive right in.