- Working with data sources and data views in SQL
- Understanding the star and snowflake database schemas
- Working with the SQL 2012 semantic model (aka tabular mode)
- Using Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
- Using Excel Web Parts to connect to spreadsheets
- Building dashboards with key performance indicators (KPIs) and reports
- Understanding the Microsoft data-mining process
Skill Level Intermediate
Hi! I'm Ron Davis. And welcome to Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack in Depth. In this course, we're going to look at almost all of the aspects of the Microsoft BI stack. We're going to look at SQL, Sharepoint, and Excel. Within SQL, we're going to start with the traditional multidimensional mode. Then we're going to move over to the SQL tabular mode. We'll move over into Excel Power Pivot and look at using it in Business Intelligence.
Then we move over into its Sharepoint, and use all of its BI features, mainly Excel to share those workbooks that you've created. Performance point services to create dashboards off of your data warehouse or other sources. Visio services and then we'll finally wrap up with data mining and predictive analytics. Now let's get started with Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack in Depth.
Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack Fundamentalswith Ron Davis43m 39s Intermediate
1. The Traditional Multidimensional Model
2. The New Tabular Model
3. Basic Power Pivot
4. SharePoint Excel Services
5. Basic PerformancePoint
6. SharePoint Visio Services
7. Data Mining and Predictive Analytics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.