Learn how to merge or splits cells. Author Jen McBee reviews the three options for merging cells, focusing on the method you will be asked to demonstrate on the Excel 2010 MOS exam.
- [Voiceover] In Excel 2010, you can merge and center data…horizontally or vertically across selected cells.…You can merge your cells together and…Merge and Center is the one that we use most of the time.…But did you know you can also split the cells apart…if you need to?…In this video, we will review the four types of…merging information, focusing on the options that…you may encounter on the Excel 2010 MOS exam.…I have the 04_02 exercise file opened,…so let's tackle this topic.…
I have the 2015 Sales Data showing and we can see,…looking at our title,…let me scroll up here,…that the information is all in cell A1.…Well, let's go ahead and merge and center…this title all the way across to column F.…I'll begin by selecting A1 through F1,…and on my Home tab, I have Merge & Center.…Let's take a minute to look at the options available…under Merge & Center.…As I mentioned earlier, Merge & Center is the one…that we will use most of the time,…because it will actually center the information…across all of the cells that we've selected.…
Explore the MOS certification program, its cost, and its format and walk through each Excel certification objective in detail. Get hands-on experience with free downloadable practice files and take the challenges to test your skills. The course wraps with a full-length, 50-minute practice exam.
- Preparing for the exam
- Saving Excel files in different formats
- Printing workbooks and worksheets
- Inserting headers, footers, and document properties
- Inserting, copying, and moving data
- Formatting cells and worksheets
- Creating, deleting, copying, and moving worksheets
- Splitting and arranging windows
- Creating basic and conditional logic formulas
- Creating named ranges to use in formulas
- Applying conditional formatting
- Creating charts
- Inserting and modifying SmartArt
- Filtering and sorting data
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10 Anniversary Update Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi7h 51m Appropriate for all
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
Prepare for the exam2m 55s
2. Manage the Worksheet Environment
3. Create Cell Data
4. Format Cells and Worksheets
5. Manage Worksheets and Workbooks
6. Apply Formulas and Functions
7. Present Data Visually
8. Share Worksheet Data with Others
9. Analyze and Organize Data
10. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.