Receive a brief introduction to a hypothetical investor named Joe, his resources, and his goals for real estate investing.
- All right, let's get into the example now.…We're going to take a look at a hypothetical involving Joe,…but we're going to use real market data.…And I'm going to introduce you to quite a few concepts here.…And if you have no real estate background,…which is the case for many of you,…then it's going to all be new to you.…But don't worry, we're going to cover everything…in much greater detail in the rest of the course.…This is just to give you a good feel…for the thinking process.…
So just follow along, and if there's something…that you don't get right away or just doesn't click,…know that we're going to cover it later,…and you're going to understand it later, all right?…So let's dive in.…Meet Joe, he is a young working professional,…living in Las Vegas,…as you can tell from his hipster glasses.…And he wants to invest in real estate.…He's been saving up some cash,…and he feels that the time is right for him…to start building his own real estate portfolio.…
Now, he originally had twenty-five thousand dollars…that he wanted to save up and invest in.…
Note: This course uses data and example properties from the United States, but the concepts taught and tools provided are just as useful for any market.
- Determining if real estate investment is right for you
- Choosing a market and a property
- Using financing
- Strategies for first-time investors
- Real estate market cycles
- Valuing a property
- Analyzing your market
- How leverage impacts investments
- Real estate investment case studies
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Excel: Analyzing and Visualizing Cash Flowswith Curt Frye1h 16m Intermediate
Learning Real Estate Photographywith Scott Hargis3h 21m Beginner
Managing Your Personal Investmentswith Jane Barratt1h 31m Appropriate for all
Start here3m 29s
1. Case Study: Joe's First Investment
2. The Many Ways to Invest in Real Estate
3. Real Estate Market Cycles
4. How to Value a Property
5. Understanding Your Market
6. What Makes a Good Investment?
7. Understanding Leverage
8. Case Study: Rental Income Property Analysis
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.