Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Measures, part of Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack Essential Training.
…Calculated columns and measures.…I'm looking here in grid view at the model we just created.…So here it is in diagram view, and we just went in an added this relationship.…So now I'm over here in grid view, and I'm on the order's details.…Here's where we're going to add a calculated column.…So I am just going to click in that column.…And now I am going to go through and…I am going to come up here to my calculation bar.…
I have to add the equal symbol.…So now I've got equals.…And what I am going to create,…is I wan to create a column that shows me the unit price less the discount.…So I'm going to click price, and you'll notice it's added for me up here.…And this may seem familiar to you if you work in Excel.…So now I go minus.…I'll click discount.…Now I'll switch on over here.…And I'm going to say check, OK.…Everything will go blank for a few seconds.…Bang.…Now, I don't like that name, calculated column one.…
So we'll rename it.…Let's call it unit price less discount.…So now I have a calculated column.…Note that it automatically added the next calculate column.…
- Working with data sources and data views in SQL
- Understanding the star and snowflake database schemas
- Working with the SQL 2012 semantic model (aka tabular mode)
- Using Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
- Using Excel Web Parts to connect to spreadsheets
- Building dashboards with key performance indicators (KPIs) and reports
- Understanding the Microsoft data-mining process
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 39s Intermediate
1. The Traditional Multidimensional Model
2. The New Tabular Model
3. Basic Power Pivot
4. SharePoint Excel Services
5. Basic PerformancePoint
6. SharePoint Visio Services
7. Data Mining and Predictive Analytics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.