Wrap up and review the many topics discussed in this section.
- [Instructor] In this lecture,…we're going to do a too long, didn't watch summary…of the measures of returns section,…so let's do a quick recap.…Would you rather know how much you're going to get…from an investment but not know when you're going to get it?…Or would you rather know when you're going to get it…but not know how much you're going to get, or lose?…Well, you want to know both, right?…And that's why in the measures of return section,…we talked about the different measures that allow us…to measure two very important things about investments,…the magnitude and the efficiency of investments.…
The magnitude measures how much you're going to get…from an investment dollar for dollar,…whereas the efficiency is how efficient…or how quickly the investment will give those returns back…to you as an investor.…For the investments that are both low in efficiency…and magnitude, these are the clear losers…and these are the kinds of investments…that you don't want to waste any of your time,…let alone your money, on.…
Note: This course uses data and example properties from the United States, but the concepts taught and tools provided are just as useful for any market.
- Determining if real estate investment is right for you
- Choosing a market and a property
- Using financing
- Strategies for first-time investors
- Real estate market cycles
- Valuing a property
- Analyzing your market
- How leverage impacts investments
- Real estate investment case studies
Skill Level Intermediate
Managing Your Personal Investmentswith Jane Barratt1h 31m Intermediate
Learning Real Estate Photographywith Scott Hargis3h 21m Beginner
Excel: Analyzing and Visualizing Cash Flowswith Curt Frye1h 16m Intermediate
Start here3m 29s
1. Case Study: Joe's First Investment
2. The Many Ways to Invest in Real Estate
3. Real Estate Market Cycles
4. How to Value a Property
5. Understanding Your Market
6. What Makes a Good Investment?
7. Understanding Leverage
8. Case Study: Rental Income Property Analysis
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.