Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Managing workbooks with VBA, part of Up and Running with VBA in Excel.
In the previous movie, I showed you how to manipulate worksheets within a workbook.…Just as you can add, delete and rename worksheets, you can do the same…with your workbooks.…You can also save them, either under the same name or a different one.…First, I'll show you how to open a workbook.…If I go over to Excel VBA and just create a subroutine, I will call it workbookTest.…If I type in the command workbooks, again this is referring to the collection of…all workbooks, and use the Open method,…then in parentheses, I can type the file name.…
It can be liberal string, in which case you need to put the value within a pair…of double quotation marks, or it can be a variable when you don't.…So I will open Suggestions.xlsm, and when I press F5, Excel opens the other workbook.…You can see that the Title Bar changed here, but because I was in the…Visual Basic Editor, Excel displays all of the code from that other…workbook, Suggestions.xlsm.…Now, I am going to open the immediate window,…I could have pressed Ctrl+G, and show you how to use the Activate command which…
- Working in the Visual Basic Editor
- Adding code to a macro
- Creating, exporting, and deleting code modules
- Declaring and using variables
- Managing variable scope
- Defining arrays
- Managing workbooks and worksheets with VBA
- Repeating tasks with loops
- Debugging VBA code
- Cutting, copying, and pasting cell data
- Running and triggering event procedures
Skill Level Advanced
1. Introducing Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
2. Defining Variables, Constants, and Calculations
3. Adding Logic to Your VBA Code
4. Debugging Your VBA Code
5. Managing Workbook Elements and Data in VBA
6. Adding Advanced Elements to Your Workbook
7. Using Excel Events in Your VBA Code
8. Putting It All Together
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.