Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Managing subtotals and grand totals, part of Excel 2016: Pivot Tables in Depth.
- Excel PivotTables display your data…in as much or as little detail as you prefer.…Pivoting and filtering the PivotTable changes…how the individual data elements are displayed.…But, you can also position the subtotals…and the grand totals for rows and columns…to summarize your data as desired.…In this movie, I will use the sample file SubAndGrand…which is an Excel workbook you could find…in the chapter two folder of your exercise files collection.…
If you take a look at the PivotTable on this worksheet…which is sheet two in the workbook,…you can see that for the year 2014,…I have subtotals for both the Cambridge…and Piccadilly room types.…This subtotal is the total of all of the cells…containing values for January through December…of the year 2014.…If I scroll down using the mouse wheel,…you can see that there are similar values for 2015.…
Also, the last row of the PivotTable,…as I have it configured, displays a grand total.…This first grand total is for Cambridge,…the second's for Piccadilly, and finally,…the grand total of all values…
- Identify how to format data for use in a PivotTable.
- Discover how to create a new PivotTable.
- Define how to connect to data sources.
- Evaluate and consolidate data from multiple data sources.
- Identify how to create calculated fields.
- Summarize field data.
- Review PivotTable sorting.
- Review PivotTable filters.
- Discover how to work with Excel slicers.
- Recall how to format PivotTables with styles and formats.
- Assess how to build PivotCharts.
- Assess how to run macros.
- Evaluate how to create a PivotTable using the data model.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating and Pivoting PivotTables
2. Summarizing PivotTable Data
3. Sorting and Filtering PivotTable Data
4. Formatting PivotTables
5. Applying Conditional Formats to PivotTables
6. Creating and Manipulating PivotCharts
7. Printing PivotTables
8. Manipulating PivotTables
Running an Excel macro6m 23s
9. Creating PivotTables Using the Data Model
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.