Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Managing errors using On Error statements, part of Learning VBA in Excel.
Even the best programmers make mistakes when they write a new VBA code module.…What sets the great coders apart from the good ones is the ability to detect and…fix problems in their subroutines and functions.…Excel VBA provides several different tools you can use to discover and fix any…errors you encounter.…In this movie, I'll discuss how you can manage error handling by using On Error statements.…To do that, I'll press Alt+F11 to go over to my code module.…In this subroutine, I have the user input a number from an InputBox asking them…to enter a number. I then calculate that number, plus three, and display a…message box with the result of that calculation.…
The point of this exercise is to show you what happens if the user doesn't enter a number.…So I will press F5 to run the code, and I get my input number box.…If I type the letter g instead of a number and press Enter, I get a Type mismatch.…That means that I entered some sort of a character string instead of a number,…or it could have been anything else.…
- Working in the Visual Basic Editor
- Adding code to a macro
- Creating, exporting, and deleting code modules
- Declaring and using variables
- Managing variable scope
- Defining arrays
- Managing workbooks and worksheets with VBA
- Repeating tasks with loops
- Debugging VBA code
- Cutting, copying, and pasting cell data
- Running and triggering event procedures
Skill Level Advanced
Excel 2010: Tips, Tricks, and Shortcutswith Dennis Taylor3h 43m Intermediate
1. Introducing Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
2. Defining Variables, Constants, and Calculations
3. Adding Logic to Your VBA Code
4. Debugging Your VBA Code
5. Managing Workbook Elements and Data in VBA
6. Adding Advanced Elements to Your Workbook
7. Using Excel Events in Your VBA Code
8. Putting It All Together
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.