Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Managing PivotTables, part of Excel 2016: Pivot Tables in Depth.
- PivotTables behave a bit differently…than other Excel workbook elements,…so you'll need to use a few slightly different techniques…to select, move, copy, and delete them within your workbook.…I will demonstrate these techniques for managing…your PivotTables using the managing sample file…which you can find in the chapter one folder…of your exercise files collection.…This workbook contains a PivotTable…and if I click any cell in the PivotTable…and then go to the analyze contextual tab…you'll see that I have a number of options.…
The first is that I can give the PivotTable a new name.…Excel gives it a generated name such as PivotTable1,…but in this case let's say that I want to have…Yearly Revenue as its name.…I can make that change by clicking…in the PivotTable name box and then typing…Yearly Revenue or any other name that I want…as long as it starts with a letter or a number,…and press enter.…So I have now renamed my PivotTable.…
That makes a difference if you're referring to it…in any sort of formula or in any sort of DBA code.…
- Formatting data for use in a PivotTable
- Creating a new PivotTable
- Connecting to data sources
- Consolidating data from multiple data sources
- Creating calculated fields
- Summarizing field data
- Sorting and filtering PivotTables
- Working with Excel slicers
- Formatting PivotTables with styles and formats
- Applying conditional formats
- Creating PivotCharts
- Printing PivotTables
- Running macros
- Creating a PivotTable using the data model
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating and Pivoting PivotTables
2. Summarizing PivotTable Data
3. Sorting and Filtering PivotTable Data
4. Formatting PivotTables
5. Applying Conditional Formats to PivotTables
6. Creating and Manipulating PivotCharts
7. Printing PivotTables
8. Manipulating PivotTables
Running an Excel macro6m 23s
9. Creating PivotTables Using the Data Model
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.