Learn how to manage the formatting options available for Body and Heading fonts. Author Jen McBee demonstrates how to change the formatting options for both Body and Heading fonts, a skill you may be asked to demonstrate on the Excel 2013 MOS Expert exam.
- [Instructor] When working with Office documents,…we have different themes that we can apply,…and these themes have built in colors and fonts.…So depending upon which theme you choose,…you will have different color sets…and font sets available to you.…In this video, I want to show you how you can create…a new font set, just in case you can't find…the fonts that you'd like to use in your document.…Let's take a look at our 03_06 Body_Heading_Fonts workbook.…Under Page Layout, the first group is your Themes group.…
I'll click the drop-down menu,…and highlighted is the Office theme.…That's the default theme for your documents.…Please make yourself familiar with…all of the different themes available to you in Office 2013,…just in case you're asked to apply a specific theme…during the MOS exam.…Now for the Office theme,…we can see specific colors that are available to us,…as well as specific font sets.…So for Office, it's the Office font set Calibri Light…for the Heading font and Calibri for the Body font.…
And as I scroll down through,…
The course begins with an overview of the certification program and its costs. Next, Jennifer walks through all of the certification objectives, including hands-on experience with downloadable sample documents, so you can practice as you go. She wraps up with a full-length practice test that emulates exam 77-427, together with solutions to each of the exam challenges.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Reviewing the exam format and learning objectives
- Tracking, retaining, and displaying all changes
- Identifying and troubleshooting errors with tracing
- Applying custom formats and layouts
- Applying advanced conditional formatting
- Using functions to format cells and apply advanced filters
- Preparing a workbook for internationalization
- Creating advanced formulas
- Using the LOOKUP and TRANSPOSE functions
- Using functions to serialize dates and times
- Creating advanced charts and tables
Skill Level Advanced
1. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Expert Exam Overview
2. Manage and Share Workbooks
Manage comments2m 57s
3. Apply Custom Formats and Layouts
4. Create Advanced Formulas
5. Create Advanced Charts and Tables
6. Full-Length MOS Expert Sample Exam for Excel 2013
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.