Learn how to create, edit, and delete comments. Author Jen McBee demonstrates the best ways to manage comments, focusing on the skills you may be asked to demonstrate on the Excel 2013 MOS Expert exam.
- [Instructor] Inserting comments into Excel…is a very basic skill,…but because you may come across this topic…on the MOS Expert exam,…we'll do a review of the options available to you.…I'll review how to insert a comment, edit,…and delete a comment.…I have the 02_02_Manage_Comments workbook open,…so let's go ahead and get started.…Let's begin by entering a comment in cell A24.…For Sylvester Gardner,…I'd like to go ahead and put a notation in…that his annual review has been done.…
I'll click in A24 and go to my Review tab…and select New Comment.…I'll go ahead and type in Annual Review Done.…And you'll notice that because I am logged in…to this computer as LinkedIn Corporation,…that's the name that's showing at the top…of the comment window.…I'll go ahead and click out of there,…and we can see the red triangle…in the upper right-hand corner.…And if I mouse over the cell that contains the comment,…I can actually read the comment.…
Let's insert a second comment in cell A35.…Instead of going up to the Review tab…and clicking New Comment,…
The course begins with an overview of the certification program and its costs. Next, Jennifer walks through all of the certification objectives, including hands-on experience with downloadable sample documents, so you can practice as you go. She wraps up with a full-length practice test that emulates exam 77-427, together with solutions to each of the exam challenges.
- Reviewing the exam format and learning objectives
- Tracking, retaining, and displaying all changes
- Identifying and troubleshooting errors with tracing
- Applying custom formats and layouts
- Applying advanced conditional formatting
- Using functions to format cells and apply advanced filters
- Preparing a workbook for internationalization
- Creating advanced formulas
- Using the LOOKUP and TRANSPOSE functions
- Using functions to serialize dates and times
- Creating advanced charts and tables
Skill Level Advanced
1. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Expert Exam Overview
2. Manage and Share Workbooks
Manage comments2m 57s
3. Apply Custom Formats and Layouts
4. Create Advanced Formulas
5. Create Advanced Charts and Tables
6. Full-Length MOS Expert Sample Exam for Excel 2013
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.