There are several add-ins in Excel Online that allow you to enhance your charts. In this video, learn how to improve Excel charts with some key add-ins.
- [Instructor] Office Add-ins are a wonderful way to present your data and truly add value to the look and feel of your information. To demonstrate this, let's go and create a new blank workbook by selecting the dropdown box in OneDrive next to New and clicking on Excel workbook. Once the new Excel Online workbook has been created, navigate to the Insert menu and then select Office Add-ins. Now, add-ins that have already been added to your profile will appear here under My Add-ins. Now, you may actually notice that there are a few that have been added by Microsoft as a default. But by clicking on the three dots next to each add-in, you can review the add-in details, you can rate and review the add-in, or you can simply remove it from your profile if it's something you don't need anymore. If you go ahead now and click on Store, what you'll see is a whole range of different options of add-ins that you can add to your profile. Now, if this is too many to look at in one view then you can simply click on the category that you wish to explore such as say, data analytics. And as you scroll down the list, one might jump out at you as being particularly interesting. And you can just simply add it to your profile and have a go at playing around with it using the data that you have in one of your Excel Online workbooks. Now, there's tons of cool stuff around. So I suggest you take the time to explore the catalog. You might find something that really enhances your work.
Note: This course is for users who know the basics of the Excel desktop app, but are new to the web version, Excel Online. It emphasizes features that work differently in Excel Online. For basic Excel guidance, please see Excel Essential Training (Office 365) or Learning Excel 2019.
- Using Excel Online shortcuts
- Customizing your view
- Integrating the desktop version of Excel
- Sharing workbooks in Excel Online and OneDrive
- Inserting and reviewing comments
- Creating and editing charts
- Working with PivotTables and PivotCharts