Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,900 courses, including more Business and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Forecasting vs. planning
- Dealing with exceptional elements
- Projecting revenue
- Adjusting for changes and seasonality
- Creating product-level projections
- Estimating costs and operating expenses
- Projecting gross margin
- Setting up targets and goals
- Developing worst-case scenarios<br><br>
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Rudolph Rosenberg and welcome to Making Business Projections. In this course, we'll look at a very practical technique to use a company's past and current performance to make projections for its future. To do so, we will be taking both a top-down as well as a bottom-up approach to making business projections. By analyzing the company's revenue, gross margin, and operating expenses, by anticipating changes throughout the coming year, and by factoring in the company's goals for growth, we'll be able to synthesize a result that gets us closer to a business' reality.
Now let's get started with Making Business Projections.