Making Business Projections
Estimating future financial performance plays a big part in the life of start-ups and corporations large and small. By looking ahead, companies can proactively manage changes. Start-ups can use projections to build business plans and raise capital. This course is about making those financial projections: not by predicting the future, but by learning from past performance. Rudolph Rosenberg shares the techniques used by financial planning professionals to build robust financial projections using Microsoft Excel. He shows how to combine two approaches—bottom up and top down—into a well-rounded projection that will help you analyze revenue and expenses, anticipate changes, and incorporate company goals in a realistic picture of your company's future.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Forecasting vs. planning
- Dealing with exceptional elements
- Projecting revenue
- Adjusting for changes and seasonality
- Creating product-level projections
- Estimating costs and operating expenses
- Projecting gross margin
- Setting up targets and goals
- Developing worst-case scenarios
- The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Rudolph Rosenberg and welcome to Making Business Projections. In this course, we'll look at a very practical technique to use a company's past and current performance to make projections for its future. To do so, we will be taking both a top-down as well as a bottom-up approach to making business projections. By analyzing the company's revenue, gross margin, and operating expenses, by anticipating changes throughout the coming year, and by factoring in the company's goals for growth, we'll be able to synthesize a result that gets us closer to a business' reality.
Now let's get started with Making Business Projections.
Mergers and Acquisitions35,741 Views
Competitive Strategy87,726 Views
Running a Profitable Business: Understanding Financial Ratios107,582 Views
Pay Strategy31,240 Views
Raising Startup Capital133,560 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,677,422 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Mastery301,996 Views
Financial Literacy: Reading Financial Reports556,642 Views
iOS 8 App Development with Swift 1 Essential Training1,023,538 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Advanced391,930 Views