Instructor Josh Rischin outlines how to ensure that a spreadsheet can continue to seamlessly used in both Excel Online and Excel desktop.
- [Instructor] Once a file has been opened…and closed in Excel Online it is available…to use in both Excel Online and Excel desktop.…The best way to manage a seamless…integration between the two is to try…and make all changes in Excel Online.…If you'd like to follow along open up XOL SimpleChart.…Let's make a simple change to this data set…by highlighting the header row…and changing the text from black to red.…Now that was easy.…However not making every feature change,…such as changing chart styles, is available in Excel Online.…So let's go ahead and edit this file in Excel.…
Now rather than making too many changes at once…let's just make one or two at a time.…In this case I'm going to change the chart style…by selecting the chart, and then selecting Design,…and I'm just going to change it to this one here…that has a gray background.…To close the file simply click on the cross…in the top right of the screen…and then select Resume Editing here,…and this opens the file once more in Excel Online.…As you can see the change that we made…
Note: This course is for users who know the basics of the Excel desktop app, but are new to the web browser version, Excel Online. It emphasizes features that work differently in Excel Online. For basic Excel guidance, please see Learning Excel 2016 or Excel 2016 Essential Training.
- Creating and editing workbooks
- Integrating the desktop version of Excel
- Sharing workbooks and assigning access privileges
- Creating charts
- Designing forms and surveys