In this video, learn about the four metrics that tie every marketing activity to the business results of your company and how to use them depending on your company's specific profile.
- [Instructor] Analyzing marketing performance…step by step on each of your marketing activity…is a great way to understand what's working…and what needs improvement.…Not only with an activity, but also in general,…when comparing different marketing efforts…between themselves.…That's how you know why your events don't have enough…participants or why there's not enough results…from your marketing campaigns, or why one is more successful…than the other.…And that's only part of the equation.…
The real aim of all those activities is to generate…a positive business impact that's adding customers…and revenue in a profitable way.…So every marketing performance analysis should finish with…the link to your business performance.…Usually, this means four things: generating sales leads;…generating business opportunities;…generating incremental revenue;…and generating incremental profitability.…Those four business impact metrics are triggered one after…the other and there's a time delay between each one of them…Sometimes it's very quick.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Evaluating marketing's business contribution
- Analyzing results vs. vanity metrics
- Extracting raw data to build dashboards
- Reducing human errors
- Analyzing marketing activities
- Linking actions to business impact
- Analyzing your account database and contacts database
- Analyzing paid ads and social media
- Using a common framework to analyze marketing activities
- Analyzing individual marketing activities over time
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Marketing Cycle and Business Contribution
2. Analyzing Marketing Activities
3. Improving Marketing Performance Using the Natural Selection Process
Next steps2m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.