Label filters allow you to include or exclude items using text-based criteria (begins with, ends with, contains, does not contain, and so on). In this video, the instructor demonstrates several ways to use these label filters in your PivotTable views.
- [Instructor] Alright so we talked about sorting options.…Now it's time to talk about filter, and filtering is one…of the most common and powerful tools that you'll be using…constantly when you analyze data with pivot tables.…And we'll stick with our title column here and just drill…down into sorting and filtering options, and in this…lecture I'm going to talk through two components here.…I'm going to talk about this manual selections box here on…the bottom, and then we'll go into the label filters…which are filters that are triggered by text-based criteria.…
So starting with the manual box here at the bottom,…as you can see it shows me a list of all of the values…in the column, in this case several hundred unique…movie titles, and what this option is great for is if…you want to pin-point one or two titles to show in your pivot,…or on the flip side if you want to show your entire list…with the exception of certain titles.…And this is a great way to enable very manual sub-selections…of your lists that you maybe can't capture with traditional…
- Establishing a layer convention and property filters
- Structuring your source data
- How PivotTables actually work
- Number formatting and conditional formatting
- Sorting and grouping options
- Troubleshooting incorrect sorting
- Value summarization and value calculation modes
- Inserting calculated items
- Visualizing data with PivotCharts
- Designing interactive dashboards
Skill Level Intermediate
Part 1: Introduction1m 8s
1. Getting Started
Getting to know IMDb2m 21s
2. PivotTable 101
3. PivotTable Formatting
4. Sorting, Filtering, and Grouping
5. Calculated Values, Fields, and Items
6. Visualizing Data with PivotCharts
7. Wrapping Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.