Join Bill Shander for an in-depth discussion in this video Knowledge checks, part of Data Visualization Storytelling Essentials.
- [Voiceover] This course includes a learning support called Knowledge Checks. Knowledge Checks are brief reflection questions that ask you to write a response using the integrated note-taking tool. You then compare your response to my answer, and you can revise your response if you want. Knowledge Checks help you deepen your comprehension so it's definitely worth taking the time to complete them.
Join data visualization expert Bill Shander as he guides you through the process of turning "facts and figures" into "story" to engage and fulfill our human expectation for information. This course is intended for anyone who works with data and has to communicate it to others, whether a researcher, a data analyst, a consultant, a marketer, or a journalist. Bill shows you how to think about, and craft, stories from data by examining many compelling stories in detail.
- Creating a narrative structure for data
- Applying narrative to data
- Identifying what you want to say with the data
- Analyzing what your data is saying
- Determining what your audience needs to hear
- Leveraging tables, charts, and visuals
- Ensuring your narrative provides context and direction
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Infographics with Illustratorwith Mordy Golding4h 16m Intermediate
1. Why Storytelling
2. Story Structure
3. Story Mechanisms
4. Final Touches
Next steps1m 20s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.